Bringing Sophia Home

We have been blessed with another precious treasure from China, we are raising the needed funds to bring her home. Thank you for helping us bring Sophia home.

Friday, December 10, 2010

We've been home a week

It's amazing how a week has flown by.  Sophia and I are almost on our home time instead of China time.  I don't remember it being this hard to get back on schedule but I'm sure it must be like labor, you forget about it until you are doing it again.

Sophia has really started to bloom into herself and we are seeing her funny and dramatic personality.  She can fake cry, really, really well.  It was just the two of us at home sitting on the couch relaxing and she started crying or so I thought until she flashed me a big ole grin.  She was rubbing her eyes and hiding her eyes, the whole bit and totally seemed real.  Once we caught on to it we realized she was faking crying alot as she ran around the house and didn't want to be bothered by one of her siblings or her daddy.  She is warming up to daddy, he got three kisses today.  Maybe she will voluntarily go to him soon.  I have forgotten how much fun it is to have a baby around the house.  It hasn't been that long since M and E were babies but my how quickly we forget things.

Sophia is a hard girl to get a picture of, she is very quick and loves to avoid the camera.  I managed to get a few pictures tonight of her playing with kitchen stuff.  She had gone into the girl's room and played by herself for a half hour then came out with a tea cup and a serving spoon.  She sat on the floor and played with me for a while.  She is so much more secure about her environment and herself this week.  The entire time we were in China up until today she cries and gets hysterical if I am not in her site.  Tonight she disappeared off by herself and played and played.  It amazes me how happy and social she can be.
















I am moving my posts to my main blog A Cup Quite Full.  I would love it if you would follow our journey as a family of five.  I also hope to start sewing with the new year and will have some items up on A Cup Quite Full Creations, that is as long as I can get a little mommy alone time with the machine!  We have a wonderful family outing planned for tomorrow, it has been a holiday tradition for us since M came home.  Check in with us at A Cup Quite Full, maybe we will be lucky and be able to snap a family picture of us on our outing!

Thanks for following our journey and helping us bring Sophia home!

3 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to following your new blog and seeing your sewing creations! So glad to hear that your family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have a beautiful baby girl home safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll baby!!! I hope all is well! :)

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete